Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sunday Chicken

I found a recipe in an old church cookbook. I modified it for what I had in my house and I thought it was wonderful. (I also 1/2-ed the recipe for my husband and I).

  • 5-6 chicken breasts
  • 1 brick of cream cheese
  • 1/2 Cup soy sauce
  • 1 Cup beef broth
  • 1/2 a large onion, cut into thick strips

(the original recipe used 1 Cup of sour cream instead of cream cheese and 1 10 oz can of french onion soup instead of beef broth)

Cook the cream cheese, soy sauce and beef broth in sauce pan until blended/mixed. Lay chicken breasts in a 9x13 pan, scatter the onions on top. Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 40 minutes.

(I don't think the sauce is that great to turn into a gravy or anything, but the chicken tastes fantastic and stay incredibly moist. The onions cook up well, still firm. Yum)

No comments: