Sunday, April 20, 2008

Strawberry Volcanoes

(I should have taken a picture here, but of course didn't. Next time, I surely will)
My friend Julie made these for our bowling banquent last week, then I made them last night for a retirement party. They were a hit both places. I doubled the recipe and didn't bring any home!


1 container of strawberries
1 brick of cream cheese
1/4 Cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Crushed/Chopped nuts

Clean the stawberries and remove the hull making a flat side, so the strawberry can stand on that end (like a mountain). Cut two slices down from the point, like a + sign, not all the way through. You should be able to slighly open the strawberry so you can pipe the filling down inside.

Filling: cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. (This is the same recipe you could use for the sauce of a fruit pizza). Fill a plastic bag with the filing and snip a corner off of the bag. If you have a piping bag, good for you...use it!

Fill each strawberry with some of the filling, overflowing them slightly so they look like volcanoes! Top with a few crushed nuts. I used walnuts last night.

No comments: