2 cups of cooked rice
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1 14 ounce can stewed Italian tomatoes
1 small can of mushrooms
1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1. Cook rice as directed; set aside.
2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season to taste: try dried basil, pepper, or rosemary. Brown in a medium-sized oiled saute pan.
3. Add rest of ingredients to skillet and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Serve over hot rice.
- I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned ones. I just sauteed them before mixing them with the chicken.
- I used two cans of tomatoes.
- My friend used fresh tomatoes and said it was delicious.
- My friend used brown rice - I used fried rice (Giant Eagle box kind). I bet white would be good too.