Thursday, January 31, 2008

Taco Cassarole

I'm finally posting this just because M hasn't. I made it this week, and I always love it. It's quick, easy, and soooo yummy.

  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • taco seasoning
  • 1 package refridgerated crescent rolls
  • shredded cheese
  • taco chips
  • sour cream
  • 9x13 Pan

Brown your meat (sometimes I add onions too) and follow directions on taco packet. Preheat oven to instructions on crescent rolls (I think it's typically 350). Unroll crescent rolls into bottom of pan, smooshing them together so all the seems are gone. I like to crush a few chips on top with a little bit of shredded cheese. Then pour your taco meat over top. Spread some cream cheese all over the top of the meat - as much or as little as you like. (I've also added some salsa here at times). Cover with more crushed taco chips, and then cover chips with shredded cheese. Really, there are no set amounts - you can't really mess it up - make it to your taste. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.

I like to serve with salsa, taco sauce, sometimes shredded lettuce...whatever you like.

No comments: